For most people like myself running on a packed schedule and never being prepared can really destroy your nails. I do try very hard to keep my nails healthy so here are 9 tricks to keep your nails picture perfect.
*Note: I am not a professional, I am not a doctor, I do not study this, these are things I have picked up over the years*
- Keep yourself hydrated – Your nails can dry out very easily and if you are not properly hydrated your nails will become dry and break very easily.
- Try not to cut them – Although it can be very annoying and tedious filing your nails is better than using the nail clippers.
- Use essential oils for stronger nails – Oils such as lavender, frankincense, and lemon oil make nails more hydrated and stronger!
- Yellow nails are okay – If you are a frequent nail painter, much like myself you will eventually notice a yellow tint to your nails, it is normal do not worry!
- Eat healthy – Things like vitamins A,B,E are good for strengthening nails. Calcium, biotin, and zinc also are very good for your nails.
- Wear Dish Gloves – Frequent soaking hands in hot soapy water makes them prone to weakening.
- Don’t let them get too long – Although it’s easier to paint and looks nicer if they split, peel or break you are more likely to get an infection.
- Don’t cut your cuticles – Cutting your cuticles breaks the seal between your nail and skin which allows more bacteria to get in, If your want better cuticles its best to push them back!
- Always use a base coat – Although it’s a pain nail polish can stain your nails and using a base coat makes the polish look better anyway.