OMG this may just be the best day of my life. I received a comment on one of my older posts on Instagram from Sally Hansen. They saw my post and wanted to feature it on their page! Now it hasn’t happened yet but I will keep you guys updated. As well as the nail art gallery and collection have both been expanded please check them out.
Sort for the lack of posts more to come soon in the process of moving -T
If anyone is interested still looking for another admin
Does anyone want to or know someone who might be interested in running this with me. I am going through a nail crisis right now and just can’t keep this going on my own. Shoot me and email if your interested.
I finished giving my 5-year-old sister a full manicure when she looks down at my unpainted nails, “I want to do your nails now” she says and it went a little something like this.
I gave her a bunch of tools including:
- A new nail file
- Jamberry nail buffer
- Almond oil cuticle pen
- 2 cotton swabs
- 2 cotton balls
- 2 alcohol pads
- A sheet of tip stickers
- A small set of beads
- A fan brush
- 2 smaller brushes
- A double sided dotting tool
This was her process for doing my nails
She takes the almond oil pen and rubs it all over all of my nails, however right after that she takes a cotton swab and wipes away the almond oil. She takes the file and begins to file my nails. She actually did a fairly decent job at filling. She then pretends to buff my nails however since my nails are so weak it started to hurt and I had to stop her. After that, she rubs off my nails with the cuticle pusher not really knowing what she is doing. She was so lost after that and thought that she needed to use everything that she was given. She takes the cotton swab and starts to clean out underneath my nails. And now she starts painting.
She chose 5 different polishes:
- Sally Girl Canary
- China Glaze Mix and Mingle
- Sally Girl Epic
- Bitsy Knick Knack
- Secret Lace Hot Pink w/glitter
She tosses bits of each color onto my nails and then realizes she had not touched the dotting tool or brushes, but my nails were all covered. She then takes NYC Fuchsia Shock Creme and coats the end of the dotting tool with it. She pressed down too hard and smushes the half dri9ed polish leaving it a complete disaster. She then tries to grab a top coat but that’s where I cut her off.
Here are some pics from the process (the bottom right is the final product):
5 year old nails – 2/2017
I used the following polishes however these are interchangeable:
- Shany Neon Yellow
- Essie Hide & Go Chic
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails White On
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Black Out
- Kiss Gloss Top Coat
- Elf Matte Finisher
- LA Colors Art Deco Black
- First, you must prep your nails if you want to see my nail prep routine click here
- Apply as base coat of white on your ring finger and a first coat of black to the other fingers.
3. After allowing your polish to dry apply another coat of black polish to the fingers, then allow those to dry.
4. Taking a makeup sponge with the neon yellow and blue make a gradient on top of the white base on your ring finger. This may take multiple coats.
5. Then take a cleanup brush to wipe away the polish around the ring finger nail.
6. Take your matte top coat/finisher and apply it to all of the black nails. And take the gloss top coat and apply it to the gradient finger and let it dry.
7. Take your black deco brush or striping brush and make shapes similar to stained glass on the ring finger.
8. After allowing this to dry put a matte coat on the ring finger and allow to dry
9. Give the final coat some time to dry, I usually wait 10-15 min. before using my hands again.
This is the final product check out other photos in the Nail Art Gallery
- Alcohol pads
- Lavender oil
- Almond oil cuticle pen
- Jamberry cuticle pusher
- Jamberry nail buffer
- Cotton swab
- Nail polish remover
- Sally Hansen Double Duty base coat
This is the routine I do every time before I apply polish to my nails. Certain materials can vary but this is very useful none the less. First I remove any polish that was previously on the nail. After that, I use an alcohol pad to wipe off anything that could have been left on my nail. I then apply the almond oil to my cuticles. After 30 seconds I push them back and use the other side of the alcohol pad to wipe away any extra oil. I then take my nail buffer and remove any deadness from my nails. I then take another alcohol pad to wipe away the deadness. I then take a cotton swab and dip the end in my sleep oil. This oil contains lavender and frankincense oil which are both good for your nails! Both oils are used to strengthen your nails and help to stimulate nail growth as well as they help to remove any germs stuck to your nails. After leaving the oil to soak in for 2 minutes I wash my hands with soap and water. Making sure that my hands are 100% dry I then return to my nail station. I then take my glass file to file my nails into the shape I want before applying a base coat to my nails and let them sit under the nail dryer for 1-2 minutes. After this, I am ready to re-paint my nails!
Hey nail addicts and other people on the blog! Tonight at 4:00 pm EST I will be posting a nail art tutorial and adding more pictures to the Nail Art Gallery so be ready and I hope you enjoy. Also at some point this weekend I will hopefully be getting social media for this blog. (Note: Please do not request to follow my personal account it is friends and family only)